KMS company overview
KMS Technologies of Houston, Texas is a division of KJT Enterprises Inc. and focuses on integrating advanced electromagnetic methods for the oil industry to increase the discovery and recovery factor. We provide services, R&D projects and several unique hardware and software products.
Our staff consists of world recognized experts in Geosciences. Many have received numerous awards for their technical work. Most of our staff members have at least 20 years industry experience developing new commercial geophysical systems. We are proud of having a multi-cultural and multi-lingual staff team with multi-professional (Geology, Geophysics, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Petrophysics) background.
KMS Technologies is currently providing boutique land non-seismic (electromagnetic and gravity) acquisition services to the oil and geothermal industry. We do NOT provide routine acquisition service to avoid competing with our customers. With our new hardware and relationship with global acquisition contractors we can handle any number of MT sites per year and ONE special project crew.
We also develop the following breakthrough or game changing technologies for the oil industry for reservoir monitoring from permanent sensors to surface-to-borehole systems for microseismic and electromagnetic methods.
Reservoir Monitoring & Permanent/Semi-permanent sensor technology for fluid and density determination
- Microseismic sensors: We provide microseismic combined with EM acquisition for surface and shallow borehole installation with our KMS 820 array acquisition system. This will help for seal integrity as well as flood front monitoring.
- Electromagnetic sensors: Together with various alliance partners we can provide full permanent or semi-permanent EM monitoring of water/steam flood from the surface or borehole or surface-to-borehole.
- Complete MT, AMT and DEEP MT systems (incl. observatory installation)
- Land transmitters for CSEM (50 kW & 200 kW)
- Fluxgate magnetometers
- Induction coil magnetometers
- Mud-logging NMR (MR-ML™)
- Downhole EM systems
- Marine EM systems
- Calibrating systems
Our hardware is supported by various software products.
Land and marine CSEM system development
- Our CSEM systems include land and marine system. For land applications we specialize in high channel counts at cost/channel close to seismic acquisition system. For marine applications we focus on developing or modifying existing systems for special time domain CSEM operations or the development of complete marine EM system. This technology is not restricted by water depth or offset and has industry disruptive potential.
- Surface-to-borehole systems: We have passed laboratory prototype stage on our surface-to-borehole EM monitoring system which integrated with a commercial borehole seismic system.
Borehole system development
- Single Well EM: We are presently developing a single-well EM system for geosteering applications that has the ability to look around the wellbore and ahead of the bit to distance greater than ten meters. We are presently seeking a partner for continuous development.
- Through Casing Resistivity: We developed a strong patent portfolio and specific designs in support of other projects and are seeking a partner for hardware development.
Project management and consulting service
- Downhole logging tool development
- Land and Marine Electromagnetics (survey design and supervision, data processing)
- Integrated surface geophysics
- Custom electromagnetic systems design and commercial prototyping
- Sub-salt and sub-basalt imaging
- Borehole geophysics
- Technology evaluation/transfer
- Industry technology due-diligence